I initially started my blog to spread positivity, in an effort to motivate and inspire others to do the same as I felt there was just way too much negativity around. What I didn’t realise was that this blog would become my “safe space” and my therapy. I have connected with the most amazing people through this blog, from all walks of life, with such varied life experiences, and it is nothing short of incredible. This blogosphere world of ours has changed my life forever, and I’m truly grateful that this journey of mine has brought me to this very point.
“The difference between can and cannot are only three letters. Three letters that determine your life’s direction.”
With each post I write, I always hope that it touches the life of someone, those that need it most, and those that it is meant for. It is the comments readers make, the feedback, and nominations for various awards, that let you know how much you can actually contribute to the lives of others. I was nominated for the “Super Sweet Blogging Award” by Sandra Bellamy, author and creator of quirkybooks.wordpress.com and I am honoured that she considered “Simply Me Just Be” worthy of such an award. Thank You Sandra, I am filled with gratitude and can’t wipe the silly smile off my face, you have no idea how much this means to me.
“Inspiration is always closer than you think, just one keypad, one word, one hug, one thought … Just one touch!”
Inspiration comes from many different sources, and is sometimes as simple, and as close and one word away. One word can make all the difference. There are many bloggers out there that are “being” the change they want to see, they are living their dream and actively making a difference. I can only hope that the same can be said for my blog, that I can fulfill my passion of inspiring others, of making someone else’s world, a better and brighter place.
“I have the gift of the gab and I am proud of it. Writing is talking on paper, I love to talk and I love to write, so it’s all awesome.” - Sandra Bellamy
Blogging is all about expressing yourself through your writing, practising the “gift of the gab” in print. If you happen to touch people’s lives along the way, make them laugh, cry, feel emotion, then that is a gift, a privilege. I feel privileged to be able to use whatever gifts God has given me, to make a difference in today’s world.
“Variety is the spice of life, and laughter is the sugar … life’s main ingredients are sugar and spice, and it makes all things nice.”
As with any award, there are some interesting requirements for accepting:
- Give credit to the person who chooses to nominate you
- Answer the “Super Sweet” questions
- Nominate a “Baker’s Dozen” (13)
The super sweet questions are:
1. Cookies or cake?
Mmmm I love carrot cake and chocolate chip cookies, but I’d have to choose cookies.
2. Chocolate or vanilla?
Chocolate!!! As if that was really a choice.
3. What is your favourite sweet treat, cheesecake or frozen yoghurt?
Cheesecake – Lemon cheesecake is a slice of heaven on a plate.
4. When do you crave sweet things the most?
You can never have too much of a sweet thing, most evenings after supper.
5. If you had a sweet nickname what would it be?
Top Deck – (Best of both).
“Super Sweet Blogging Award”
Lastly, the list of the Bakers Dozen:
- The Hurt Healer – Inspiration for anyone who wants to live their life as the person they were meant to be.
- Living Loved and being beautiful! – Peace in your soul is all fulfilling and never-ending. It’s never in doubt, there’s never a second thought.
- Simple Pleasures~ - You are the road of Love and at the end , my home. ~Rumi
- motivatah – Positive Encouragement to live a Life of Meaning, Happiness, and Purpose
- Endless Light and Love – My aim is simple, it is my calling to follow my destiny and continue on this journey, each day placing one foot forward always learning from others, never judging, remaining consciously in the now, enjoying nature and all it has to offer and helping as many people as possible along the way.
- Jonathan Hilton – What You Believe To Be True Is
- Halfway Between The Gutter And The Stars – There is an awakening in the truth expressed in this blog.
- ZazuMove Danza Libera – If you are happy, happiness will come to you, because happiness wants to go where happiness is.
- Hope of light – Man can live about forty days without food, about three days without water, about eight minutes without air, but only for one second without hope
- 2Baware - fulfilling a dream. It’s a dream of happiness, a continuous self-growth and most of all self-fulfilment.
- hapicup. – Forgive everyone everything
- Just Pursue It – This website is for those who need to feel inspired. It’s about being proud to be yourself. I aim to speak to the hearts of women who feel that they need a “motivational push in the right direction.”
- The Still Spot – Be still … connect … and live abundantly!
“Today, YOU inspired ME!” …
- Quirkybooks – happy-to-be-super-sweet-super-sweet-blogging-award/
- Thanks for “The Sweetest Award”… (babyjill7.wordpress.com)
- A Super Sweet Blogging Award! :) (alifecontinued.wordpress.com)
- Super Sweet Blogging Award (peace4me521.wordpress.com)