WOW! What an awesome start to the Day on Thursday this past week … I am so honoured to have my blog nominated for the “Sunshine Award” by Stephyy – http://stepintothecruz.wordpress.com/. Every day may not be good, but there’s something good in every day … Aint that the truth.
The award is given and passed on to “bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”.
Stephyy, Thank you so much for the nomination! It is with huge gratitude and great respect that I accept it, and in turn, cannot wait to share my nominations for the likeminded bloggers out there that have changed my life in a very short time and have become my rays of sunshine, they are my cherry blossoms.
The Japanese cherry blossom is interpreted as ‘transient of life’. The cherry blossom tree has short blooming periods and is very fragile. The cherry blossom tree meaning holds many spiritual beliefs. Declaring their independence and change in life and overcoming obstacles in life. These beliefs are set in deep within the fundamental teachings of Buddha. The cherry blossom signifies power in China. It is a symbol of feminine dominance. It indicates female beauty and sexuality. Its meaning in China according to the language of herbs is love. Therefore, it is given as a gift in China as a symbol of love.
My sources of inspiration come from the things I hold closest to me, God, family, friends, other likeminded bloggers, and they are not only my rays of sunshine on cloudy days, they have become my cherry blossoms. Examples to me of people who have been fragile and broken prom their life experiences, but they have overcome it. They have blossomed with love, discovered their inner beauty, and become a gift of inspiration and love to others. For that … Thank You just doesn’t seem enough …
“To me, my Cherry Blossoms are a symbol of humanity and hope, they represent life and love.”
With the recognition of the Sunshine Award comes a list of rules:
- Acknowledge the person who gave this award in a blog post.
- Do the Q&A below.
- Pass on the award to 10 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.
- Who is your favorite philosopher?
- What is your favorite number?
3, 1 seems too lonely and 2 isn’t quite enough, so 3 is an all-round “feel-good” number for me.
- What is your favorite animal?
Favorite land animal is a cheetah, and favorite sea creature is a dolphin
- What is your favorite time of day?
Morning cuddles with my son and boyfriend … Aaahhhhh so much of love!
- What are your Facebook and Twitter accounts?
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/SimplyMeJustBe
Twitter – @SimplyMeJustB
- What is your favorite holiday?
I love any holiday that involves travel to the UK, because it means I get to see my family.
- What is your physical favorite activity?
Gym, or boxercise, my timeout and therapy, haven’t done much of either for quite some time 🙂
- What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
COFFEE of course!!! Is there anything else??? My personality only kicks in with caffeine…
9. What is your passion?
So many passions and so little time … My Loves in life are God, My Son, My Boyfriend, My Friends, My Family, My likeminded Blogger Friends, My Blog, but most simply my love of life and the freedom to Simply Just Be ME.
- What is your favorite flower?
I have 2 favorites, Cherry Blossoms of course and the Gerbera Daisy otherwise known as the Barberton Daisy!
“regardless of sunshine or rain, be thankful for another great day… and treat life as the ultimate gift … Because IT IS!”
MY NOMINEES for this lovely award are:
- The Hurt Healer : Carolyn, probably once the most broken, and has become the strongest and most inspiring woman I know. She is a Hurt Healer indeed, transparent about her life with nothing to hide and everything to give. I love reading her posts …
- http://suelevy.co.za/ : Sue, she did it … She Just Pur”sue”d it 🙂 She lives her passions and wants nothing more than to build and uplift other woman to become all they can be!
- Diary Of A Believing Girl : Believing Girl … She even has me believing. In a better me, a better life, in better beliefs. Yes, you are great, you are awesome, you are beautiful, you are gorgeous, you are you…you have nothing to be ashamed of; you have everything to be confident about.
- My2ndheartbeat : I have never experienced anyone more grateful for a second chance at life and the heartbeat they enjoy every second than My Second Heartbeat.
- Pretty Lil Dreamer : Stephyy, just loves the beauty of life, the simplicity of it all. I love the random photos and writing of the things we don’t look for and so easily take for granted, yet she remembers to acknowledge and capture in her blog. Thanks again for the nomination Stephyy.
- MelOnEarth : Mel, well she was the kick up my butt that started “Simply Me Just Be”, and she reminds me every Day that I need to laugh, that I need to enjoy the beauty of friendship, and as always if possible, enjoy these things over a good cry and a great glass of red … Love this Girl too much! She may be far away, but she’s still on earth … go visit.
- JUMP FOR JOY! Photo Project : Jump for Joy, if we can’t find reasons to jump, then we are not looking hard enough! This blog is a daily reminder of that, and shares the best quotes.
- Cristian Mihai : I absolutely love his unapologetic, real, no-nonsense approach to writing, and his advice and insight has really helped me put the best into my blog so that readers can get the best out. Wish I could write more like this 🙂
- Known is a drop, Unknown is an Ocean : All about being true to You, and exploring life, Yourself, and Your journey. “Be True, Love All, Help Others Selflessly, Live in Harmony and Rest in Peace”
- Bucket List Publications : I absolutely love this blog! Talk about living life to the max and making the most of every second life gives you!!! WOW, this blog is fun, interactive, inspiring and feel-good. Love it!
“You will never see how far you reach and how many lives you touch”
Thank You for being the pick of the bunch. Thank You for being my inspiration, for being my rays of sunshine, for just being YOU!
Love you guys, and I’m grateful that You have all touched my life, touched my heart and helped me become more of who I am. Thank You for sharing part of you, I love the company I have on my journey.
…”To be inspired is great … To inspire is INCREDIBLE”
So here’s to YOU, who You have become so far, and who You have yet to BE, Simply You Just BE!
“No matter what … You can’t see the sunshine and not feel the warmth :)”