The Liebster award is given to up and coming bloggers to encourage them to continue their work. What is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. I received my award from Sandra Bellamy = http://quirkybooks.wordpress.com/ and from Sheri de Grom – http://sheridegrom.com/
Thank you Sandra & Sheri, you really have made my day and I appreciate you taking the time to read my posts and consider them worthy of such a nomination. Congratulations on your Liebster awards which are well deserved.
- Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Post the award on your blog
“If we opened our eyes, we could enjoy 365 days of inspiration every Year.” …
- 11 things about me …
1. Love reading, I hate that I don’t seem to find the time anymore
2. Passionate about writing hence the creation of this blog
3. Even more passionate about spreading positivity, trying to be an inspiration and encouraging people to just BE themselves
4. I have a twin sister and I am the eldest by 12 minutes
5. Not a cat person at all yet they love me
6. Baking is a once a week treat – quality time my son and I share
7. I have an obsession with inspirational quotes and try to find them everywhere or create them when I can
8. The people closest to me live in other countries and I rarely see them
9. I love nothing more than a good cry every now and then
10. A candlelit bubble bath with a good book and glass of red is my ultimate indulgence
11. I like odd numbers, 3 and 5 when it comes to decor, cushions on a sofa, or candles etc.
“Inspiration is all around you but most of all, it is within you” …
- My 11 questions to answer are:
1. Do you prefer black or white and why?
I prefer black in clothing; it is a bold colour to wear, and very flattering. I prefer white in my house as it is a clean and refreshing colour.
2. What do you like most about rain?
I love sound, the smell and the cleansing it brings with it. Nothing beats a good storm.
3. If you could publish any one book that you are currently writing, which one would it be and why?
I have not written a book, but it has been a dream of mine, and one day it will become a reality.
4. If you weren’t a writer, what other job would you be doing and why?
I am a writer as a hobby, I guess if I had to choose my ideal job, it would be to work as a counsellor, working in children’s homes, orphanages and woman’s shelters, helping woman and children who have suffered abuse.
5. Do you prefer poetry or prose?
Poetry – Rumi is a favourite but my ultimate is D.H Lawrence.
6. What is your greatest writing moment to date and why?
When I wrote my friends eulogy, her family told me that I captured every essence of her, and almost everyone who attended the funeral came up to me and said it was the most beautiful goodbye they had ever heard, my friend would have been proud.
7. What is your favourite genre to read and why?
I love reading action packed thrillers, it is my escapism. I also love reading motivational books; one of my favourites is “the Monk who sold his Ferrari”
8. What is your favourite animated film?
Aaahhhhh too many to choose from, but I guess the one that I love the most is “How to train your Dragon”
9. Do you prefer How to or self-help books and why?
I like self-help books, I think they open your mind, enhance your life and empower you as an individual.
10. How would you like people to remember you?
As someone who “called a spade a spade” and was true to myself no matter what.
11. What are your three most positive words
LOVE. HOPE. FORGIVENESS.
“Travel light, live light, spread the light, be the light” …
- My 11 questions are:
1. What is your favourite quote?
2. What inspires you?
3. What single moment had the greatest impact and has changed your life?
4. What is the greatest lesson you have learned recently?
5. If you could have a day with anyone, who would that person be?
6. When was the last time you cried?
7. What is the first thing you would purchase if money was not object?
8. Do you have a bucket list and if so, what is number 1 on that list?
9. What song best describes you?
10. Savoury or sweet?
11. What is your favourite book?
- I would like to nominate the following bloggers for Liebster Bog award:
“Thank you for the continued support and inspiration!”